All users shown in Assignee list

Andreas Maratheftis September 7, 2017

Hey all

I was wondering if you could help me with the below.

I have created a number of users and then added them into groups.

I then create a a project and specify which groups or users will be  on that project.

Now my question is the following:

1. Does the above action restrct access of those specific users to other projects? So basically if i  have projects Alpha,Beta,Delta  and i specify in the project settings  that user  John is part of project Alpha and Delta, but not in Beta this means that he will only see and have access to  Alpha and Delta ? correct?

2. Why do i see all users in the Assignee dropdown, shouldnt i only see the users i specify in the project settings-People?

Thans

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2017

The list of people in the assignee field is determined by your permission scheme for the project.  Look in there for the line "assignable user".

That's it really.  We can't answer your questions in any detail because you have not told us what rules you have set up for "assignable user" or what you mean by "on that project".

Suggest an answer