All users are Jira Service Desk Customers

M November 11, 2014

Hi all,

Is it possible to have a Service Desk per Customer base? For example can I have one service desk called "Customer 1 - Service Desk" with customers "Human1, Human2, Human3", and another service desk called "Customer 2 - Service Desk" with customers "Human4, Human5, Human6"?

So far on my trial I have created users "Human1, Human2, Human3, Human4, Human5, Human6" and the two service desks, but looking at the Customers tab in the Service Desk settings on both Service Desks all 6 users are showing as customers. I have tried mixing and matching user groups and permissions but just can't seem to assign the users to the service desks.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Mj

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Cesar Salvado
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2014

You must go in your configuration Service Desk Project  click in Person and go to customer and click restricted acces and click the option Only people on my customer list can access my Customer Portal

0 votes
M November 11, 2014

Thanks Cesar and Francis for your prompt replies.

Cesar, you were correct. My Service Desks were completely open.

Thanks,

Mj

0 votes
francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 11, 2014

Do you have setup project 1 such that only human1,2 and 3 can access it ?

Suggest an answer