All projects don't show up under "location" dropdown when trying to create a board

Tara L Conklin September 12, 2019

I'm trying to create a scrum board that includes ALL issues assigned to particular users across all projects. I created a custom filter to capture these criteria. My problem is getting this filter all in one place AND greating Kanban/Scrum boards.

I am trying to create BOTH a Kanban board and a Scrum board using a custom filter. We want to use the Kanban board to triage new issues. Columns to include:

| New Not Vetted | Unprioritized | Ready to Estimate

In the board creation window, under the "location" dropdown only about 1/2 of the Projects we have in Jira show up. The project I need is not listed. The project in question is a Next-Gen project. I see has it's own sprints and has a backlog built-in but I can't update that project to include my filter. Why can I create these on my Personal profile but not in some projects?

I hope this makes sense. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2019

That is in fact correct. Only the classic SW will show there. Business and other project types must be placed in your profile. But fear not as you can add a shortcut on your project page via sidebar Add item link. 

Thanks Jack, I'll try that. 

@Jack Brickey  - I was able to add the link. This makes it easy to get to the Kanban board. Now the problem is, I can't update the project to include the custom filter. It's only showing issues directly related to that project w/ that project key.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2019

Hi Tara, a bit lost. What do you mean but update the project w/ custom filter. If you created a Kanban board and can access you should be able to get to the Board settings > general where you can edit the filter. Can you elaborate?

Tara L Conklin September 17, 2019

HI @Jack Brickey  - forgive the late reply. I realized you had answered the issue and didn't understand as I'm still learning Jira. The project in question was a next-gen and as you stated, doesn't employ the use of filters. :( I understand Atlassian has a backlog request for this (with a LOT of votes and complaints for its age). 

I'll have to switch to a classic project and ixnay the private boards for now. 

Suggest an answer