All our done issues appear in the backlog, although they are mapped to 'DONE' status

Hana December 2, 2019

Hi, Capture11.PNG

I created the attached workflow, and as you see, I set cancel task, cancel and completed as done tasks, but still I'm seeing all our old completed taskes in the backlog?!!

please could someone advice!!

Thanks 

Hana

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2019

It looks to me like your "completed" status is not "done", because it is not in the last column of the board.  It needs to be in with the three "cancel" like status to be considered "done".  You should be able to go into the column config and drag and drop it into the last column.

Hana December 2, 2019

Nic we need to separate both completed and cancelled tasks, based on my research there could be multiple statuses that resolve to done.

Hana December 2, 2019

You are correct Nic, this resolved my problem.

Thanks.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2019

I think @Leonard Chew means what is the criteria for the columns. Anything in the Done column should have a valid resolution. This problem is popping up quite a bit lately. It always has turned out the Done criteria doesn't require the resolution being set. 

Hana December 2, 2019

Sorry Joe, 

I did review all most of the posted issues related to the same problem. I did read your comment before, but I could not get what you mean as resolution. the tasks are showing as the following statusCapture13.PNG

do I need to add a new field to the task?

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 2, 2019

Open the issue. In the details look for the Resolution. If it shows Unresolved it wasn't set. Unresolved means it is NULL in the database

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 2, 2019

@Hana, the image you provided does show that the Resolution is set, i.e. the checkmark and "Done" equate to the Resolution. But be sure that that image comes from one of the issues still showing in the Backlog. If it does then something else is amiss.

Hana December 2, 2019

yes Jack it is coming from the backlog

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 2, 2019

@Hana , it appears Nic has landed on the root cause. You will need to ensure “Done” is in right-most column if indeed you consider it complete.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Leonard Chew
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2019

You are speaking of your board-backlog? - How did you configure your columns in your board? (post a screenshot)

Hana December 2, 2019

Hello Leonard,

I mapped the tasks to the columns as you can see below. in the capture: Capture12.PNG

Hana December 2, 2019

I am an administrator, but i still can not see 'status' mapping option in that screen

Suggest an answer