All of the Issues were disappeared

rebulanyum April 29, 2014

Hello.

Today in our jira web site, we were able to work on any issue until 9:00 AM. Later on all of the issues (The issues created since we've started to use jira about 1 year ago) was seem to be lost. However I checked the database and every issue was there. It only disappeared from the jira website; so we cannot acces them. And also we can create new issues by the way; so what's wrong with our old issues. Why did they disappeared from the website?

Can you please help?

(I also wanted help from support team: the reference is JSP-191644. But got no help untill now.)

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2014

It sounds like you've either changed the permissions, or something has trashed your index (probably the index if new issues are working ok)

Have a look at your log files, if your index has been damaged, you should see errors in there relating to indexing and/or Lucene. The very first fix to try is very simple though - reindex your system (Admin -> indexing) and check the logs for errors afterwards.

(We can't see JSP issues by the way - they're limited to the reporter, atlassian and anyone explicitly added later)

rebulanyum April 30, 2014

Thank you Nic Brough. Re-indexing worked.

0 votes
Susan Escalona April 25, 2018

Hello, I just experienced this exact issue. Two of our projects completely lost access to about 3 years worth of tickets for about an hour. We use the web version of JIRA and our audit log only shows that two components were added. We add components all the time and have never had this issue before. Everything appears stable again and we are able to see all the tickets and open new ones as usual. Any thoughts are appreciated. The new components are "2018 - MRL" and "2014 - BIM". Could there be an issue with the format?

Suggest an answer