It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

All migrated Jira users now "Former user", did parallel Confluence migration confuse things?

I just migrated from server instances of Jira (v8.5.1) & Confluence (v7.0.4) into a single cloud account for both Jira and Confluence. The Confluence migration worked beautifully with all pages showing which users have edited that page, etc.

All the Jira content appears to have migrated fine, but all issues now show "Former user" for Assignee and Reporter, even though those users *appear* to be in the new cloud system.

I can see that the system knows that not all Former users are the same because if I hover over "Former user" and choose "Assigned Issues" for what I know are two different users in the old system, I'm sent to a search forms with different 24-character hex "assignee" ids.

So, I can't help but wonder, did running the Confluence migration first cause the Jira migration to not be able to map the Jira users correctly?

More importantly, how can I fix this?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Answering my own question...I reset everything then migrated Jira *before* migrating Confluence and everything is peachy now. So, at least in my case, order matters!

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you