All mails which i am reciving to that project email they are automatically converting as an issue in JIRA

I have set up POP3 server in jira for my project for specific email. All mails which i am reciving to that project email they are automatically converting as an issue in JIRA. So please help me out in this.

Thanks & Regards

Mohan Kiran

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.

Hello Mohan,

as described in the documentation link by Mohan, there are multiple mail listeners.

To avoid creation, use a listener that only adds comments to existing issues.

At the same time you should ensure that other email is cleaned up properly, otherwise you will see a number of exceptions in your log file informing you that no issue can be created from an email.

We have streamlined all that by adding a mail pre-filter to Jira, so that we can

1. serve multiple projects in different ways
  2. auto-reply in case something goes wrong

There are a number of mail filtering tools out there. We are using the old fashioned procmail.

Regards

Maba

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted 6 hours ago in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

26 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you