Hi Nic. I am able to access the dashboard via logging into JIRA, but the http links within the page appear to be broken. I have not gotten an error message, the history clicking on details or assignment links simply do not open open for me so I can update see details and update the status. This is a problem being experienced by other members of the team as well. I confirmed that only one of the users received an error message that the JIRA version was not up to date. I have not seen this error nor have the others experiencing the http links not working. I spoke with our Admin and he told us that he has not made any updates so we are at a loss at to what could be causing the problem for those of us accessing the dashboard remotely. Thanks.
It sounds more like a network issue, but without the error messages, there's not a lot we can help you with. You say "links simply do not open" - that's going to be a browser issue, but you should test more - try right clicking on a link and copying it, then pasting it into a *new* browser tab or window - that will absolutely give you an error message (or worst case, a churning blank screen, but that only happens when the Tomcat is running and JIRA has failed for everyone)
I and a colleague are also experiencing this, with IE9 only. Everything is working fine with Chrome.
My colleague clicks on links from his dashboard, e.g. a link to /i#browse/CEL-1698
It tries to resolve to /i#browse/CEL-1698?issueKey=CEL-1698&serverRenderedViewIssue=true
but then it automatically reverts back to /secure/dashboard.jspa
without getting to the link originally clicked on.
My colleague cannot access any area of JIRA - he is stuck on his dashboard.
I am able to access other areas of JIRA if I navigate around the project pages, but if I am on my dashboard page (I have this open in another tab) then the same thing as above happens to me.
Copying the link, closing the browser and pasting the link in a newly opened browser doesn't work for my colleague.
We have also cleared the cache - still no luck.
Seems to have just happened, since this most recent release.
Hopefully this helps with diagnosis?
ah ok? They have been in a fair few of our JIRA URLs and JIRA has worked with them in IE9 up until this last release. Looking again at the links I mentioned above - I tried to go to /browse/CEL-1698 without the i# and it still tried to resolve to /i#browse/CEL-1698?issueKey=CEL-1698&serverRenderedViewIssue=true before returning to the dashboard as above. Chrome removes the i# if added and works regardless.
There's something very broken in your installation of IE9 then, it's inserting incorrect characters in urls. The only thing I can think of is that you might have something odd in your base url that chrome is correcting and IE9 is failing on. Go to general configuration and check what the base url is. Does it have any non-alphanumerics in it (apart from : and /)? Try retyping it as well.
It looks like the i# issue has been around for a while. This thread has some details but it's a bit too detailed for me, I'm afraid. https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/197873/using-jquery-with-ie9-and-jira-6 This issue seems to blame the Chrome Frame... so it looks like there could be multiple causes. Something must have changed in the latest release, combined with certain settings, to cause this to reoccur for our instance of JIRA. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-33404
Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.Learn more
Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in talking to 20 people planning t...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs