All i want to do is add default content in the description field for when i create an issue type of bug for any project.

Shane Foody April 15, 2013

For example I want the following to appear in the description field when I add an issue type of Bug to any of my projects, while all other issue types should remain as the default for description field of blank.

*Steps to Replicate;*

Step 1:

Step 2:

*Result of above steps:*

*Expected Result:*

Thanks

Shane

3 answers

1 vote
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2013

Hi Shane,

If you want to avoid Javascript I would avoid the Description field. It isn't a customfield and doesn't allow setting default value as such.

You can create a custom field to do this instead. Give it a different name and add it to the screens. Otherwise Javascript would be the closest option.

Shane Foody April 23, 2013

Thanks All,

I will try using a custom field instead and see how that goes.

Regards

Shane

1 vote
Chaithra N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2013
Shane Foody April 17, 2013

So in effect it cannot be done easily from the user interface, you need to write some javascript to get it put in there is that correct?

Shane Foody April 17, 2013

Thanks Harry,

If i did not need to decipher between bugs and just wanted to make the blanket change, how could I do this without using javascript.

Cheers

Shane

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2013

Since you need to determine if it's a bug or not and not simply apply it to all cases, you'll need Javascript.

0 votes
Michal Husar
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2013

Hi Shane,

you can use Post Function on transition to update Description field value, but I don't know how to demarcate only for Bugs.

Suggest an answer