My usecase is going to be like this. Can someone share your thoughts or help me with go to steps please?
Trying to come up with a help center like Service.Sap.com
1. We want our customers (external) to first enter the service desk portal by selecting the product per say.
2. Then depending on their selection of a product, system should prompt them to search for resolutions of similar issues raised in the past (across service desk) which leads to self help for customers using knowledge base (is it confluence?).
3. If they find answers/solutions for their query they should be well off in taking care of the required settings or workarounds on their own and there is no need to raise a fresh/new ticket.
3. But if they don't find answers (under knowledge base) then the system should allow them to create a new ticket in the Service desk.
4. Once a bug/ticket is raised in Service Desk, by default it will reflect a flow that helps the service desk team internally and customers externally with a workflow showing the status.
5. But what we want to integrate service desk flow with internal bug flow (I mean, same ticket shows up different steps/statuses for external customers (like, Open, Investigating, Resolved, Under QA, Closed, Waiting for customer etc).
6. Internally, from Open onwards it should be scrubbed at QA, fix required, suggested changes, Dev in Progress, Bug fixed, QA in progress, QA completed, Resolved, Closed etc.
7. The second option we are looking at is, if a customer sends an email to our support based on that email JIRA should trigger a ticket and keep it under open state.
8.From there on, our Support team will manage such tickets by changing statuses, comments, description and other details required to bring that bug to closure.
JIRA Service Desk + Confluence supports all of that, off-the-shelf, except for the first point really, and there's ways around that.
Thanks Nic. I meant,
4. Once a ticket/bug is logged under SD, it should show up the standard SD workflow like (Created, Waiting for Support, Resolved and Waiting for Customer). Can we change this flow, if yes, how?
5. To the same ticket/bug (logged as Fault) for internal Dev Ops tracking there should be a bug flow (Open, Dev in Progress, QA In progress, Closed) and each of these statuses should correspond to external SD flow in a way,
Created = Open, Waiting for Support = Open or Dev In Progress, Resolved=QA In Progress, Waiting for customer=Closed).
How should we plug both the SD flow and JIRA bug flow and they reflect two diff statuses for external and internal.
9. Is there a place where we can go through a detailed documentation from scratch in configuring SD with JIRA and then with Confluence? Our's is a server edition of JIRA+SD and Confluence.
4 and 5 are still contradicting each other, but please see https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedesk025/configuring-request-types-and-workflows-754977424.html for loads of detail on that.
9. Actually, much the same place - https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/serving-customers-with-a-knowledge-base-732528995.html
Let me attempt one other time to clear the confusion:
Can we integrate a JIRA bug flow with std SD workflow that will help in two ways.
Is it possible using one single flow is what I want to know? Hope am clear with my question.
And thanks for sharing those links, will try to setup looking at them and post any queries while I do so.
In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to have–in order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs