All JIRA updates in a single email

Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2017

Hi All,

Is it possible to send out all the issue updates in a single email?. Any work around or Any plugin to handle this?.

TIA!!

1 answer

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2017

You may create a filter like:

updated >= startOfDay(-1)

And subscribe to it on a daily basis.

As a result, you will receive one daily email with a list of all issues that have been somehow updated since the day before.

Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 8, 2017

Thank you, Ignacio Pulgar.  I don't think we can see the history of these issues via filter subscription. 

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 8, 2017

You're right on that point.

I guess the reason why you might be interested in receiving just one daily email with the last updates is that you don't want your work to be constantly interrupted by so many notification emails.

If that's the case, I'd go for a solution at the inbox level. For instance, Gmail lets you save email filters for adding tags and skipping the inbox, so that you can review the notifications at any moment, while preventing your inbox to be full of notifications. 

Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 8, 2017

Yes, we can follow this one.

Right now we are testing Jirassimo plugin to handle this issues but this is bit confusing and no proper documentation.

Suggest an answer