All Epics are not showing up on the Epic board

Sara Shoemaker March 5, 2014

I created a scrum board that is associated with my project and should show all of the issues in that project. I have some issues in that project that are of type 'Epic'.

Only one of those issues is showing up in the 'Epic' panel. I changed another one to 'Reopened', then to 'In Progress' and am still not seeing it. I can see it on the report of Epics.

We are getting ready to transition our system to the new Jira Agile so I would like to figure out what is going on on our test sytem.

BTW, after reading other threads I changed the configuration of the columns so that 'Resolved' issues should be in the 'In Progress' column. That shouldn't affect this issue, though.

2 answers

1 vote
Anna Cardino
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2014

Hello Sara,

I am suspecting that it is due to the fact that you have made changes on the Column Configuration, making the status of the epics a bit messed up.

Kindly try to perform reindexing and see if the problem still persist.

Moreover, the far right column is the column where issues will be closed and will not appear on the board anymore. So the Resolved issues should be in the far most right column and not on the In Progress column.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Monique

Sara Shoemaker May 28, 2014

Monique -

Thank you for your response.

It has been a while since I was testing the system and we have a newer version of Jira we are going to release so I can't go back to the board I was working on.

When I create a new Scrum board from my project, without configuring anything different, I once again do not see any of my epics showing up in the 'Plan' mode of the board.

-Sara

Nishant Mehta April 5, 2016

I am facing a similar issue. A few notes:

• There is just one project and one scrum board and the filter is "Project=NAME ORDER BY Rank ASC" shared with the entire project
  • The epics that are not visible on this board have stories assigned to it and those stories show up on the board (I don't know how)
  • These invisible epics are not resolved and are still in the 'Not Done' or 'In progress' state which are mapped statuses for this board in question
  • All these epics are visible in the filter results but not on the board created from the same filter.
  • All newIy created epics are being added here. The existing epics that were created by others are not seen (No quick filter 'reported by me' selected)

Monique - Can you please help out with this?

Thanks in advance.

0 votes
Sara Shoemaker June 8, 2014

OK, I was incorrect. The epics display in the 'EPICS' list, but they show as "unlabelled-PBQA-648" and have no issues associated with them. Is there a way to ensure that the issue associations transition correctly?

Suggest an answer