All AD Users Not Showing Up in JIRA

Ben Knight April 14, 2017

Hey gang,

I have a user directory setup with my AD server.  JIRA is pulling all my groups in AD but not all the users.  The users only show up if they are in the jira-users group.  So what I end up with is a list of my AD groups but when I look at a group that does not have any JIRA users in it, the user listing for that group is blank.  

So as an example, if I have a group called "Accounting" in AD that has 10 users in it and of the 10 only 2 are in jira-users, when I look at the Accounting group in JIRA I will only see the 2 users that are also in jira-users.  The other 8 users that are only in Accounting will not show up.  

Is there a way to have the other users show up?  Basically I want to have a field in JIRA where I can fill it with a drop down of all my users whether they are in JIRA or not...

Thanks
Ben

1 answer

0 votes
PG April 17, 2017

Can you verify that the users have the "memberOf" attribute for the groups which are not synchronized.  JIRA uses this attribute to synchronize the group memberships which seems to be missing in your case for groups other than jira-users.

Thanks, 

Suggest an answer