Alignment issues in jira 6.1 with internet explorer 8

jayasingh December 15, 2013

Hi,

In our organisation we are using jira5.0.7. Now we are planning to migrate to jira6.1. We have set up jira6.1 in testing instance. We have found alignment issues when using internet explorer8. we found 3 issues.

1. Login page alignment not proper when using IE8 but proper with Mozilla and Chrome.

2. System Dashboard page alignment not proper with IE8 but proper with Mozilla and Chrome.

3. Under manage dashboard->search dashboards alignment was not proper with any of the browsers(IE8,Mozilla and Chrome).

PFA the screenshot for the same.

Let me know the solution to make this alignment proper

2 answers

0 votes
Diego Zarpelon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2014

Hello.

You can try to enable XMLHTTP on your IE tools advanced tab.

Also, please disable your compatibily mode on IE.

Cheers

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2013

JIRA cannot work with Internet Explorer in Compatibility mode, so diable this mode

check this doc for more info

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Compatibility+Mode+related+problems+on+Internet+Explorer

jayasingh December 15, 2013

Hi Rambanam,

Thanks for the reply.

PFA the compactibility view.I have tried disabling the view as per the link provided. But still i am getting the same alignment issue on IE8.Please have the look at the screenshot whether i am doing something wrong.

Thanks,

Jayasingh

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2013

try the following solution

1. Open Internet Explorer
  2. In Tools > Internet Options, select the Security tab, then the Intranet zone and click the Sites button
  3. Uncheck every box in the form shown
  4. Restart the browser
jayasingh December 16, 2013

Hi Rambanam,

Thanks for the answer.

Compatibility issue got resolved. But for my 3rd query i am not sure that will be the compatibility issue. Can you check from your side if its possible.

Thanks,

Jayasingh

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2013

i checked on my jira6.0 instance, it is same as in your screen shot!

jayasingh December 16, 2013

ok Rambanam if i am right there is some alignment issue right. I have raised this query with atlassian support. Is there any other solution to resolve those issue.

Thanks,

Jayasingh

Suggest an answer