Alert before you mark a task as done

Melanie Gremmer September 4, 2019

Was wondering if anyone knows if before a ticket is moved to done, if there is capability to alert the ticket assignee to ensure they add their tracked time in the ticket?

3 answers

0 votes
Melanie Gremmer September 5, 2019

Thanks all! We are on the cloud instance of JIRA and it sounds like I would need to install ScriptRunner in order to add a validator as well

Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2019

Hi Melanie,

I can confirm that ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud does not provide the functionality to create scripted conditions and validators like ScriptRunner for Jira Server does as described in the KB articles located here and here.

I can also confirm that you can see more detailed information on the differences between ScriptRunner for JIRA Cloud and ScriptRunner for JIRA Server inside of the documentation page located here.

Regards,

Kristian

0 votes
Radhika Vijji _Innovalog_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2019

Hi Melanie,

You can add a post-function that notifies the assignee of the ticket to add the time spent on the ticket. You should add this to the transition which leads to the status that is before "Done" status in the workflow.

But the best way is to handle this use case is to add a validator to block the  user from transitioning to the Done status without entering the time spent on the issue 

Regards,

Radhika

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2019

you can add a Validator that requires the user to update the time logged before the issue can be transitioned.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 5, 2019

oops...i stated this incorrectly. Radhika's answer made me aware of my mistake. Use "validator" not "post function". I corrected my initial answer.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 5, 2019

Scriptrunner isn't required for the Validator solution as it is part of the WF as Radhika conveyed.

Melanie Gremmer September 5, 2019

wonderful!

Suggest an answer