Agile columns - drag to closed?

paul vinter November 28, 2013

A little confused with my Agile column setup.

Obviously I have a closed status for an issue - is there a way of closing an issue simply from the Agile board? Clearly I cannot make a closed column without it filling up with closed issues.

Thanks

Paul

2 answers

0 votes
Kim Poulsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2013

I use another method to avoid the sprint report etc. to get infected with "issue unmapped" type of warnings.

We do have the "Closed" status mapped on the board but I also have a quick filter named "!done" which simply filters the board using JQL:

status != Closed

This fitler cleans up the board nicely but keeps the reports usable. If needed users can also see the closed issues during the sprint for back-reference keeping the solution both elegant and agile.

Regards,

Kim

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2013

Paul,

You can edit the filter behind your board (through the board configuration screen).

Simply remove all issues with the status closed from this filter, then add the status closed to your Closed Column.

You'll be able to move issues to this column but they will not polute your board.

Best regards,

Peter

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2013

While this approach works, you have to keep in mind that you are messing up your reports, since the issues are not part of the board anymore...

Suggest an answer