We recently combined multiple projects into one sprint board. After adding all of the projects to the filter query for the sprint board, we noticed one project is being split in a separate sprint list but has the same sprint number.
As you can see below the SBA project is in the filter query, but is being separated on the board. What could be causing this?
The name is probably just a coincidence. One of the sprints probably belongs to another board that you had before for project SBA.
You must not have two boards that share any issues, or else you'll get the sprints mixed up. If an issue is shown in one board (A) but is already in the sprint of a different board (B), it will bring the sprint with it, even though it does not belong to board A (!). Once the sprint and board A no longer have any issues in common, it will go away.
I don't believe this is a coincidence. I saw the exact same defect just last week. I had 2 sprints with the same text name that were created on TWO DIFFERENT agile boards with different issues in the backlog. I changed the name of one of the sprints and it changed it on the other with a different ID. DEFECT!! I wound up having to create another sprint and delete one of the others to fix it.
Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG