Agile Wallboard Gadget no content (it shows the top menu)

Rajiv Karamat June 8, 2015

Hi,

After upgrading to JIRA 6.4.5 and upgrading all the neccessary add-ons, I saw this (see printscreen below) on my wallboard/dashboard when I started the new version of JIRA. The Agile Wallboard Gadget shows no content/project, only the home menu which is already visible at the top of the screen.

I'm logged in as an administrator. Shouldn't I be able to see all projects on the wallboard/dashboard? Should it be case that I'm not allowed to see the project, I still don't understand why the content is showing the top menu again...

Does anybody have an idea what causes this? And what I can do about it?

Kind regards,

Rajiv

printscreen Jira Wallboard.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2015

It means that the user you are logged in as doesn't have access to that project. I would confirm that you can access the issues via the normal UI. If you can not, use the https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/JIRA+Admin+Helper#JIRAAdminHelper-PermissionHelper to help you fix the issue.

What happens if you click on the login link?

Rajiv Karamat June 8, 2015

Thanks for your answer, Boris. It's not visible which project it is (see before mentioned printscreen). So, when logged in as a user, i don't know which project to look at. When I click on the log in link, a message shortly appears for one second which says something about ".../greenhopper/1.0/.../json, cannot be found". I followed the steps according to this link, https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/JIRA+Agile+6.7+Upgrade+Notes, when I updated from Atlassian Greenhopper 6.2 add-on to JIRA Agile 6.7 add-on. Although, I didn't migrate any boards manually. Could this have anything to do with the problem?

Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2015

What happens if you click on the upper right of the gadget and configure it?

Rajiv Karamat June 10, 2015

Screen stays the same when I click 'edit'. However, it is possible to delete it. It was probably some sprint that was on the wallboard twice due to which it couldn't show any content. It would probably be more logical if it would say why the gadget can't show any content and which project it concerns. Yet, it shows the top menu and that's what got me confused. I've deleted the wallboard, put something else on it and haven't had any problems since. Thanks for te help, Boris!

Suggest an answer