Agile, Service desk and Confluence

Iwan Kristensen January 2, 2018

Hi all,

We would like to run a 10 user licensed standalone instance of Jira Service Desk and Jira Confluence together with our existing Jira Agile installation. But I cannot find out if it's a possible setup, because Jira Agile are no longer in the productrange.

Can any of you help with understanding what we need to get a Confluence/Service Desk/Softwareprojects planning setup running?

Very best regards
Iwan Kristensen

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2018

What version of Jira's core are you on?  6.something or 7.something?

I ask because Jira Agile ceases to exist for 7.something, and you need to migrate to Jira Software (it will keep all your Agile data).

There's no such thing as "Jira Confluence", I assume you mean Confluence, which is a separate service to Jira and will generally work fine alongside Jira 6 or 7.

Hi Nic,

Thank you for the quick answer.

We have a 10-user Jira Agile 6.3.4 installed and would like to add Confluence and Service Desk.

Can the current version of Service Desk and Confluence work with Jira Agile 6.3.4?

-Iwan

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2018

You can add Service Desk as an add-on to Jira, yes, whether it has Agile already or not.

Confluence of any version from 5.6 to 6.5 can be installed separately and connected to Jira 6.3.4

The current version of Service Desk is for Jira 7 though, and it's an Application now, not an add-on

Hi Nic,

And thanks again for your quick response.

Sorry for my confusion, so:

Older versions of Service desk is an add-on and installs onto Jira, and can be used with version 6 of Jira Agile?

Newer versions of Service Desk is now an application and installs separate and connects to Jira, but requires version 7 of Jira Software?

And Confluence can be used with both version 6 of Jira Agile and version 7 of Jira Software?

-Iwan

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 3, 2018

Yes, Jira Agile is an add-on for Jira 6 (and below)

No, for Jira 7, Software is an Application you add to a Jira Core install.

Yes, Confluence works with both, assuming a recent version

Iwan Kristensen January 3, 2018

Ok, thanks again :)

Do we gain anything by upgrading our Jira 6+Jira Agile to Jira Core+Jira Software, in terms of including Confluence and Service Desk?

-Iwan

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 17, 2018

I seem to remember the integration between Service Desk and Confluence improves for Jira 7 with articles being directly suggested to agents and the ability to email them straight to customers.

Suggest an answer