Agile Boards - want to only use a sprint for issues assigned to this board (JIRA 6.0)

Julia Weratschnig June 10, 2014

Hello,

My Problem is the following: We currently have two projects which use an Agile Board / Scrum. The filters for both boards are set so that only issues with the project belonging to that board are considered.

(So, Project ABC is covered in Board Board_ABC, and Project XYZ is covered in Board_XYZ).

Both boards have active sprints in them (Sprint1_ABC and Sprint1_XYZ respectively)

If I create a new issue I can choose which project I want it to belong to, and I can also choose the sprint I can attach it to. Now I only want to see Sprint1_ABC in the dropdown menu when I create an issue belonging to project ABC, however I can currently choose both active sprints. The same is true if I just try to edit an existing issue, it lets me assign an isssue from project XYZ to sprint1_ABC.

Do I miss something, or is it just not possible to use sprints exclusively?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Julia

1 answer

0 votes
Julian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2014

Hello Julia,

It appears that it is not possible for now where it should be as it could lead to a confusion. It appears that this have raised as a story in our issue tracker system:

I would like to suggest you to watch, vote and add a comment on the ticket, so the developer could review it.

Hope this information could be useful.

Regards, Julian.

Julia Weratschnig June 11, 2014

Thanks Julian - I will follow the raised issue!

regards,

Julia

Suggest an answer