Agile Boards - want to only use a sprint for issues assigned to this board (JIRA 6.0)

Hello,

My Problem is the following: We currently have two projects which use an Agile Board / Scrum. The filters for both boards are set so that only issues with the project belonging to that board are considered.

(So, Project ABC is covered in Board Board_ABC, and Project XYZ is covered in Board_XYZ).

Both boards have active sprints in them (Sprint1_ABC and Sprint1_XYZ respectively)

If I create a new issue I can choose which project I want it to belong to, and I can also choose the sprint I can attach it to. Now I only want to see Sprint1_ABC in the dropdown menu when I create an issue belonging to project ABC, however I can currently choose both active sprints. The same is true if I just try to edit an existing issue, it lets me assign an isssue from project XYZ to sprint1_ABC.

Do I miss something, or is it just not possible to use sprints exclusively?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Julia

1 answer

Hello Julia,

It appears that it is not possible for now where it should be as it could lead to a confusion. It appears that this have raised as a story in our issue tracker system:

I would like to suggest you to watch, vote and add a comment on the ticket, so the developer could review it.

Hope this information could be useful.

Regards, Julian.

Thanks Julian - I will follow the raised issue!

regards,

Julia

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,816 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot