Agile 6.3.7 upgrade hangs JIRA startup

Glenn Edwards March 13, 2014

Running JIRA 6.0.8 and trying to update Greenhopper 6.2.2.2 to JIRA Agile 6.3.7 the JIRA startup process freezes/hangs. I'm not sure quite what's goign on here, if JIRA Agile is removed from the JIRA-HOME/plugins/installed-plugins directory JIRA starts without issue. I even tried installig the file directly from my local drive using UPM and the result is the same, it doesn't appear to ever complete.

Unfortunately there isn't an error in the catalina.out or atlassian-jira.log files. The process stops at

2014-03-013 11:31:46,323 localhost-startStop-1 INFO [greenhopper.plugin.sampledata.JiraImportersPluginInstallerImpl] jira-importers-plugin already at 6.0.23.

I saw a similar issue in another question posted here that referenced GHS-9991 as a possible solution, but this applies to Agile 6.3.3. Is it possible that the system isn't frozen, but that this just takes a very long time? Per GHS-9991 a large amount of fix versions can be an issue during an upgrade, this instance has 13491 fix versions. Any insight to this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
petry
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 24, 2014

Hey Glenn, are you still facing this issue?

If so, can you check if is there any updates available for your UPM? I believe the UPM is causing this and, by updating it, we can be sure it's not related to any bugs in an older version.

Cheers,

Tim Eddelbüttel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2016

UPM Update fixed the problem for me in JIRA 6.3.15 & JIRA Agile 6.4.5

Suggest an answer