Agent rerouted to blank page on login instead of Jira

Chris Naurois August 28, 2016

Hi,

We run a JIRA cloud subscription for 50 users, using Software + Service Desk.
The service desk agents can access both the customer portal and the JIRA side.

I have this one user thought who cannot see JIRA at all, she is redirected to "/servicedesk/customer/portal/$portalId" each time.

I logged in as her and could verify this. I can replace $portalId with the ID of our portal (4 in our case) and she can see it as a customer, but any attempt to view the JIRA side fail (redirected to the blank page).

I checked her account with other users with same privileges and access, and while the permissions are identical, I could access JIRA with no issue in these cases, but still not with her account.

I am unsure what to do - I checked user properties and anything that could be saved in her account. It is not related to a specific browser or her machine, as I can replicate it myself on several browsers and my own Mac & PCs.

Are you aware of anything that could help?

Many thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 vote
Yuting Qin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 28, 2016

There is nothing to do with permissions or settings here. What happened is JIRA/ServiceDesk is trying to remember the urls you are accessing so that next time when you login, it will redirect you to the page you are accessing last time. Somehow for this agent,an invalid customer portal url got saved as her last url, so every time she logged into JIRA, JIRA tries to load her last visited page which is the invalid url.

To reset this value, manually type a valid JIRA url in the browser to overwrite it, it worked for me once at least. If still not working, please contact support so  they can find the value in your database and clear it up for you.

0 votes
Chris Naurois August 28, 2016

Hey @Yuting Qin - Thanks for your answer.

This does look like the issue, as we just archived an older version of the Service Desk which this user would have bookmarked - I would be enclined to make this as the answer, but there no way to access JIRA after the redirect.

The customer portal that is still valid can indeed be accessed (which does not reset the stored value by the way, as it will still reload the empty $portalId at each login after that), but there is still no access to the JIRA queues.

i will lodge a ticket to have the profile cleaned up then.

Suggest an answer