we have a problem with our email notifications. If an agent gets assigned to a ticket, he recieves no email notification about that event.
Our notification settings seems to be right, but maybe I am missing something?
Okay I am not really sure what I have done, but the problem is solved now.
I played around with the user roles again. Set the ominous agent to the customer role again, added him to organizations and then set it all back.
All I have already done before (!) but now it worked.
So I think the main reason was a conflict between the agent account and adding the account to the role service desk customer or even a customer organization.
Did the user assigned the issue to himself, or was it assigned to him by anyone else?
If it was assigned by himself, that's the expected behaviour, provided that user 'does not get notified of its own changes'. That option can be changed from the user's profile.
Is the affected agent under the Service Desk Agents project role in the project the request belongs to? Note that Service Desk might override some of your configuration in the Notification Scheme.
May the affected agent double check the notification email has not been marked as spam, therefore skipping in the inbox?
Accrording to your scheme current assignee will not get a notification when an issue was created. I mean if you create an issue and set an assignee for it then only support user wil be notified. Is it the case? Or even if you change the current assignee on an existing issue, the new assignee will not receive an email?
Yes, the support user is a composite user (agent) who recieves all tickets and also the email notifications after creating. This works without any problems.
Our support team proceeds the ticket and may assign it to another agent to work on it. And this step seems not to work properly.
By creation the tickets get automatically assigned (via postfunctions in the workflow) to our support. This works without problems and the support user also gets the email notification.
I am a member of our support, so I see the email and assign the ticket to me (of course I get no notification) to communicate with the customer.
After I know the exact source of problem, I want to assign it to a corresponding agent (e.g. IT) who can handle this problem. But this agents recieves no email notification.
This would be our working progress. I hope the problem is clearer now.
Maybe another important hint is that this ominous agent had the service desk customer role in the project, too and he had recieved the customer notifications.
I expected a role conflict so I disabled the customer role again and deleted him from the organization as well. Still no success.
Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs