After upgrading to Jira 5.1.3 the "Assign To Me" button is not available anymore during the issue creatino

Silvia Bonati September 3, 2012

Hi All,

we recently upgraded to Jira 5.1.3 and the Assign To Me button disappeared.

Is there any config to be changed to have it displayed again?

Thanks in advance for the information

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Krzysztof Skoropada [Deviniti]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2012

I think you are right, but if you click select assigne on create screen in suggetion section you should see yourself

You can always modify this field or write your own.

Silvia Bonati September 3, 2012

I can see the button if I'm viewing an existing issue, but I cannot see the button if I'm creating a new issue (it used to be right next to the "Assignee" field.

Can you confirm you see the Assign To Me button in the create issue too? Thanks!

Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2012

I don't think this is right - we are running Jira 5.1.3, and I see the "Assign To Me" button

Daniel Eichling January 13, 2013

This is a nice recommendation but it is not an actual solution to the problem. Yes you can work around the Assign to Me button being gone, but there's no documentation I can find anywhere stating it was removed, so this is an issue that bears investigation to see why this occurs. Having just uprgraded to 5.1.8 we have the same problem and it's making a lot of users upset!

0 votes
Daniel Eichling January 15, 2013

This is a known regression in 5.1 as described here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-28870

This is fixed in 5.2, but Atlassian currently has no plans to re-enable the feature in 5.1. If you'd like them to do so then you should vote and comment on the issue to let them know.

0 votes
Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2012

I also face this.

"Assign To Me" button is missing in JIRA 5.1.3 from the create issue window.

0 votes
Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 26, 2012

I have the same behavior. I create a new issue, and Assignee is set to "automatic" (which for this project is Unassigned) and the Assign to Me link is not displayed.

0 votes
Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 3, 2012

Are you sure, the issue isn't already assigned to you? The button is only visible when the issue is assigned to someone else and you are allowed as assignable user.

Suggest an answer