After upgrading to JIRA 5.1 all attachments are giving 404 errors

Hey all,

I just upgraded my Prod server to the new JIRA 5.1 from 4.1 and now no one can access attachments. This is a very urgent issue if anyone can shed some light.

Someone also mentioned that IE users get the https exception about a none secure site. I have not gotten that yet.

Not Found (404)

Attachment /30303/CTG TA TOPICS_8-3-12.docx was not found

Could not find what you were looking for. Maybe you should raise an issue.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote

Check your attachments settings - have you moved the attachment directory and forgotten to update the root of the attachments in Jira? Or the other way around?

It looks like the first to me - there should really be more of a path than just /30303/<filename>

Thanks for the help

Have you checked the permissions of the attachments folder - can the jira process acces it?

Turns out that Jira wasn't pointing to the correct attachments folder. The new one that it created didn't have any of the data in there. I moved over the old attachments to the new folder which solved the problem.

So I was right? Yay :-)

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

77 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you