I have a standalone JIRA on Linux, has been running for over a year. I just upgraded from 4.3 to 5.1 using the upgrade tool. It went surprisingly smoothly. In general JIRA 5.1 is quite a good improvement.
Oddly enough, the Status and Resolution columns in the Issue Navigator now appear in French instead of English. This is an English default site with no one using other languages. And the French translation is not consistently applied to these items on every row of the listing. Right now what should Open shows Ouvertes, and Closed shows Firmee. The resolution for Ouvertes is Unresolved, but the resolution for Firmee is Corrige.
Sometimes the English translation returns for Ouvertes but the Close issues still show Firmee. I have not yet discovered a pattern for influencing these behaviors, they seem random.
I found https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/46265/problem-with-language-mix-of-english-and-french which seemed similar, but found no solutions there.
I would appreciate a workaround or bug fix for this problem.
I just discovered this after a bit of messing around. There are in fact pre-defined French translations that shouldn't be there. There is a bug ticket for this open with a work around.
There is a workround in that ticket that should help to get you to a non-French added state.
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
@Rachel Wright (Jira Genie), @Billy Poggi (AUG NOVA, DC), and @Dana Jansen (Confluence Queen) are just some of the folks that lead one of the world's most active Atlassian User Group (AUG)....
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs