After recent JIRA upgrade to 5.2.11, Server ID does not match System Info.

Melanie Rogers August 5, 2013

I recently upgraded to JIRA 5.2.11 and was prompted for my license information. After posting the license, I received an error that the Server ID was not correct and JIRA provided an updated one. After updating the Server ID and newly created license, the upgrade was successful. However, the old server ID appears in my System Info with the correct upgrade date and version. Which Server ID and license is accurate and should appear on My Account?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2013

This sounds like a cosmetic bug. JIRA will continue to function without issue. As long as you have a valid license with us, we will continue to support our products.

If you can provide me with details on exactly what was done during your upgrade procedure, I can try and reproduce the same issue and file a bug on it.

Melanie Rogers August 5, 2013

Yes, it is functioning properly. I followed the "Upgrading JIRA Manually" instructions for JIRA WAR distribution within Tomcat. I was at Step 3.5 step 3 when prompted for the license. I used the one listed on My Account but received a "license not valid, you can obtain an evaluation license" response. I'm not sure when the Server ID changed but after I updated it during the Start Up process and posted the new License Key I was able to complete the upgrade.

Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2013

Yeah this looks like a mistake in our docs. The short answer is that you are now running using your old server ID and your old license key. This is totally ok, and supported by us.

Suggest an answer