After "Unlimited Text Field" custom field is created ,How can I set the default value in Unlimited Text Field?

Andrew October 24, 2012

I want to set the default value in Unlimited Text Field.

For Example:

[what]:

[when]:

[who]:

[where]:

[why]:

Then when users create a issue,the screen include the Unlimited Text Field will show 5W .

what's the method could I solve this problem?

4 answers

0 votes
Kramarics György October 28, 2012

Hello Yu Wang!

Sorry for the delay, it was weekend here. So, i'm running Jira 4.4 in the production enviroment, but i'm already testing v. 5.1. In 5.1 you can see this setting in the attached picture. If you can't find the custom filed list, the easyest way is the next:

- push the "g" button two times

- then start to type "custom fileds"

- then find your filed, and just follow the picture.

Andrew October 28, 2012

György Kramarics , Thanks very much, I will try tomorrow in my company

0 votes
Kramarics György October 25, 2012

Hey there!

I have an idea. In the administration panel you can choose the custom fields menu. In the list you can set a field's default value next to it's name at the end of the line with the configuration sub-menu. After a click on it you are going to find edit default value option.

Gyuri

Andrew October 27, 2012

" In the list you can set a field's default value next to it's name at the end of the line with the configuration sub-menu "

György Kramarics , where do I find sub-menu ? And How can I set a field's default value next to it's name at the end of the line . The version of my jira is 5.0.2. Can you give me a picture to show the step ?

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2012

You can't use the javascript technique in ondemand... in fact there is no solution for this at all as far as I know.

0 votes
Vishwajeet Singh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2012

A quick and dirty way would be to use javascript embeded in field description to populate the stated text.

Andrew October 25, 2012

You mean need develop? Can you give me a example?

Suggest an answer