After publishing a new workflow, why can't I create an issue?

Mark Tellier October 31, 2014

image2014-10-31 9:43:21.png

4 answers

2 votes
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 31, 2014

Hi Mark, Does the summary field show up on that screen? It's saying that summary is a required field and you haven't filled that out. :/

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2014

Hi, there's two things you can do here:

1. Go to the field configuration scheme for the project and make the summary optional so it won't be requested.
  2. Go into the issues screen configuration and add the summary to the screen you are using for create, that should be Infraestructure Change Request screen.
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2014

That is incorrect. You can NOT make the summary optional.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2014

My bad, I never tried but I thought it was possible.

0 votes

The summary screen is associated with the default screen configuration and I cannot add it to my new workflow.

image2014-10-31 10:22:29.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2014

No, you're still looking in the wrong place. The screen JIRA uses for "Create issue" is NOTHING to do with workflow. Forget the workflow here, it is irrelevant. Look at the *Issue Type Screen Scheme* for the project.

0 votes

Hi Elisa,

Yes, I am a rookie. I am almost there but I can't seem to figure out how to get the appropriate screens associated with my workflow. Check out my screens but they are within a single screen, that might be my problem?

image2014-10-31 10:0:47.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 31, 2014

The screen used for "Create issue" is defined in the "Issue type screen scheme" - you'll need to identify it that way, then you can check the fields on it

Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 31, 2014

Mark, on this screen, does it have an 'summary' option when clicking on that dropdown 'Select Menu'? If so, you can run a test, add the field and check if it appears on the Create issue screen. :)

Suggest an answer