After moving Jira, I get an error

Doug Wolfgram April 17, 2016

I built a new VM, installed JIRA from scratch, then archived and copied over the database, the /opt/atlassian/JIRA directory and the /var/atlassion/applicaiton-data/JIRA directory. 

This worked last time I did it. This time, I get these errors the first time I try to access the page... Any idea what I can look to fix? All permissions were preserved when moving the files, but perhaps one got messed up? I am not sure where to look. 

2016-04-17 21:52:53,653 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR      [atlassian.jira.startup.ComponentContainerLauncher] An Error occurred during ComponentContainerLauncher servlet context initialisation - com.atlassian.instrumentation.DefaultInstrumentRegistry.pullCacheCollector(Ljava/lang/String;Lcom/atlassian/instrumentation/caches/CacheCollector$Sizer;)Lcom/atlassian/instrumentation/caches/CacheCollector;.

2016-04-17 21:52:53,659 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR      [atlassian.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener] Unable to start JIRA due to Java Error.

2016-04-17 21:52:53,661 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR      [ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/]] Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class com.atlassian.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener

2016-04-17 21:52:53,739 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR      [ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/]] Exception sending context destroyed event to listener instance of class com.atlassian.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener

2 answers

0 votes
Doug Wolfgram April 18, 2016

Thanks! I had only copied the opt stuff for database config, but the new upgrade (6.4 > 7.1) automatically found and configured my database. I only needed to put the driver jar in lib and voila! 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2016

I suspect copying the /opt/atlassian/JIRA directory might have damaged the "installed from scratch" installation.

I would try a fresh install, check that works ok, then restore the database into the target, and copy the home directory again, but NOT the installation. 

Suggest an answer