After installing on Windows, I was not promped to run the setup. How can I start it?

Bill Beers April 30, 2012

I performed the install on Windows 64 version. It says there is a prompt the first time you connect to run the setup, however I was just presented with a login screen. How can I get the setup to run?

Thanks,

Bill

2 answers

0 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2012

Hi there,

JIRA setup wizard trigger when the following parameter at JIRA.cfg.xml (located in JIRA HOME Directory)

<setupStep></setupStep>

If the above parameter stated is "complete" than JIRA won't trigger the setup wizard. Since this is a clean install, we highly recommend you to emptied the configured HOME directory to trigger the setup wizard.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2012

Are you, by any chance, pointing to an existing DB?

Bill Beers May 1, 2012

No. This was a clean install. I ran the atlassian-jira-5.0.3-x64.exe and followed the instructions. After prompting to run as a service, it asked to close the installer and launch the site. When the site loaded in the browser, it was only the login page.

Suggest an answer