I just did a fresh JIRA install of 5.0.3 on a Linux machine.
At some point, long in the past, this machine had a JIRA 4.1.1 instance on it. I dropped the old JIRA database in MySQL. I missed removing the "jira" user from /etc/passwd, so the 5.0.3 JIRA installer created a user named "jira1". Everything seemed to go smoothly, but when I tried to create my first project I got:
"Could not find servlet for: /plugins/servlet/project-config/PROJ/summary"
I also got an error from the main page claiming that "The Gadget Dashboard bundled plugin is not available."
So, I tried a "sudo service jira1 stop" followed by a "sudo service jira1 start"... This didn't improve the situation. Now I get:
The following plugins are required by JIRA, but have not been started:
Hrm... What's gone horribly wrong here?
I tried another stop/start, this time doing a "tail -f catalina.out". I waiting unit I go to the point where all the "Plugin Unit" lines were done, and I got to:
2012-05-01 00:03:13,976 Spring executor 4 INFO [jira.plugins.monitor.MonitoringScheduler] Scheduling metrics collector to run every 10000ms...
Then nothing exciting seemed to be happening, so I tried to go to my JIRA server in a web browser. Then, exiting things started to happen. :P
2012-05-01 00:03:58,053 Timer-0 WARN [internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor] Timeout occurred before finding service dependencies for [NonValidatingOsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext(bundle=com.atlassian.applinks.plugin, config=osgibundle:/META-INF/spring/*.xml)]
2012-05-01 00:03:58,105 Timer-0 ERROR [internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor] Unable to create application context for [com.atlassian.applinks.plugin], unsatisfied dependencies: Dependency on [(objectClass=com.atlassian.plugins.rest.common.util.RestUrlBuilder)] (from bean [&restUrlBuilder]), Dependency on [(objectClass=com.atlassian.sal.api.net.RequestFactory)] (from bean [&requestFactory]), Dependency on [(objectClass=com.atlassian.plugins.rest.common.json.JaxbJsonMarshaller)] (from bean [&jaxbJsonMarshaller])
This is followed by tons and tons of timout errors for various systems.
I have "top" running in another window - I'm not running out of memory, in fact I'm not even touching my swap yet. During this mass of timeouts, java is humming along at 93% CPU usage.
Although, this time I only get a list of 6 plugins in the "JIRA locked" screen instead of 7. Progress of a sort, I suppose.
I ran the "uninstall" in /opt/atlassian/jira, then I "rm -rf"ed /opt/atlassian and /var/atlassian". I removed my old "jira" user from /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow and /etc/group. I did a completely fresh install of JIRA.
I set up my database connection, and then got as far as the screen where I need to enter a license. I copy-pasted my old license, not realizing my server-ID had changed. It never got as far as telling me my license was bad, though; it died with a:
org.springframework.osgi.service.importer.ServiceProxyDestroyedException: service proxy has been destroyed
Looking at the logs, I again see all kinds of timeouts:
org.springframework.context.ApplicationContextException: Application context initialization for 'com.atlassian.applinks.plugin' has timed out
Please check the following information.
Hope it helps.
Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG