After creating a task, i get a error page as "Permission denied" please help me how to solve it

m s March 14, 2013

I created a task under Issue navigator, and assigned to u a user/developer. But not able to view the task anywhere.

But soon after creation if i try to view from the notification it says permission denied.

I have logged in as administrator only,

Please help

1 answer

1 vote
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2013

Double check if you have Browse Project permission for the project. If you have, maybe there is a security level assigned to the issue which denies you to view it.

Henning

m s March 14, 2013

I have provided the permission, I am the admin for the project so i have project permission......

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2013

Ah, be careful with this - just because you are a project admin, does NOT mean you have any other permissions. Similarly for system admin - I currently have one Jira where I am a system admin and cannot see a single issue because I am ONLY a system admin, and not a real user (when I need to see stuff I temporarily move myself into the right group/role)

It sounds to me like you have somehow granted yourself *create* but not *browse*.

To repeat Henning's comment - look at the permission scheme for the project and check you match at least one of the *browse* patterns. If it's not that, then you need to check the security level as well. If you're still stuck, then can you post exactly what you have on the browse line in the permission scheme and then all the groups your account is in, and what roles in the project it belongs to.

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2013

And you can check the Admin Helper plugin to help you with such situations.

m s March 14, 2013

hi

Thanks for the comment,

Yes I added myself to User and administrater group now it works......

Thanks a lot....

Suggest an answer