After creating Stages and Skills in a Portfolio plan, issues are no longer showing up in a schedule

SRINI January 13, 2018

I was able to see the issues in the schedule prior to creating stages and skills to my portfolio plan. However creating the Stages and Skills, all issues disappear from the schedule and I see an error message for each issue stating :

"This issue can't be scheduled because no one is available

Check in the team view that someone in your team is available to work on this issue at this time and then recalculate your plan."

Do I need to link the personnel in my team or the entire team to the newly created stages and skills? What am I missing. I appreciate the help.

1 answer

0 votes
Clare
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2018

Hi Srini,

For your issues to show in the schedule again you will need to select which of the team members have that skills / are able to work on those stages. You can configure this on the 'Teams' tab. If you look under the third example here you can see an example of setting skills and stages on team members.

Let us know if you're still having issues with this.

Thanks,

Clare and the Portfolio for Jira Server Team

adam clark February 10, 2019

Hi - Is there any way to link skills and stages to something like a component? By default, all stages created appears to distribute story points (at story level) across the stages equally. If stages are created at a level which aligns with, in my case, a specific OS, then the skills being added will only be required for say an android story, and an android stage/skill. As it is the only way around this is to re-assign all stories story points individually to a skill or stage.

Thanks

Suggest an answer