After closing an issue in JIRA i have to login myself multiple times

Hello together,

first i'd like to describe our setup of JIRA and Confluence.

We run JIRA and Confluence in an application link. Every instance is running in a seperate Tomcat on seperate port. In front of the Tomcats we use the Microsoft IIS 8 in which our intranet is running. We used the basic authentication module of IIS in combination with the LDAP to authenticate us against our services (Intranet - JIRA & Confluence). Since we've upgraded to MS Server 2k12 we have the problem that if i close an issue i have to reauthenticate myself multiple times. I have to authenticate up to three times without anything happening. In firebug i can see that i get an 401 Error (unauthorized). Does anyone know a solution for this problem - i know that the iis is not recommended like the apache server smile In another case, moving an issue generates a session timeout error.

Any help on the subject would be greatly appreciate.

Best regards,

Alex

2 answers

Hi Benito, unfortunately your tips doesnt work for me. The problems are still present. Thank you for your efforts! Best regards, Alex

Hi Benito,

thanks for your fast response. I have to check it. After that i will give you a feedback.

Best regards,

Alex

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,755 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot