After change ​​the field "performer" is Required

Anton BIRILLO January 30, 2013

HI all ! now faced with the following situation in jire v4.3.1:

After change ​​the field "performer" is Required (for screens: Resolve Issue Screen, Test Issue Screen in Field Configuration), at the time create issure an error (they say it is required field):

but the screen to create issure (Create Issue Screen), I did not put this field as required.

the guys in what could be the problem ?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2013

From your second screen shot I can see that Performer is a required field (like Priority below). The documentation says required fields are validated and needs to be on the Create Screen.

If you want to make this field only mandatory in the later process then make the field optional and use a field required validator in your workflow (see link in C. Faysals answer)

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2013

exactly...i totally missed that point.

Anton what are you tryin to achieve? who should be "Performer" ?

maybe we can figure out sth with a post-function for the "resolve" transition and the "Update Field Value" setting

I want whatever is achieved in the field "Performer" was required only when the process issue workflow step:Resolve Issue, Test Issue. in all other "optional".

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2013

So add a field required validator in those transitions (add a transition screen with that field as well) and make the field itself optional. That should fit your needs.

fail, we can only create two types of validators: Permission Validator and User Permission Validator.

There can only give rights, and the fact that I need not find.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2013

you need this plugin.

Anton BIRILLO January 31, 2013

Thank you guys (Udo brand,C.Faysal) for help me ))) as you said, I added the plugin and everything is set up.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 31, 2013

Anton, you're welcome. Do you mind to accept my answer as the correct one?

Cheers,

Udo

Anton BIRILLO January 31, 2013

of course, ok !

1 vote
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2013

i don't see the field "Performer" on your issue create screen

is there a validator set in the workflow ?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Using+Validators+to+Make+Custom+Fields+Required+on+Transition+Screens

C.Faysal All right, we do not have this field on the "Create Issue Screen", but even if it set,

error is presented:

plugins installed only two : JIRA TimeSheet Plugin, jira-status-color.

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2013

yes i see...thats what keeps me wondering.

do you have any plugins like behaviours or jira suite installed?

I want whatever is achieved in the field "Performer" was required only when the process issue workflow step:Resolve Issue, Test Issue. in all other "optional".

Suggest an answer