After change ​​the field "performer" is Required

HI all ! now faced with the following situation in jire v4.3.1:

After change ​​the field "performer" is Required (for screens: Resolve Issue Screen, Test Issue Screen in Field Configuration), at the time create issure an error (they say it is required field):

but the screen to create issure (Create Issue Screen), I did not put this field as required.

the guys in what could be the problem ?

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

From your second screen shot I can see that Performer is a required field (like Priority below). The documentation says required fields are validated and needs to be on the Create Screen.

If you want to make this field only mandatory in the later process then make the field optional and use a field required validator in your workflow (see link in C. Faysals answer)

exactly...i totally missed that point.

Anton what are you tryin to achieve? who should be "Performer" ?

maybe we can figure out sth with a post-function for the "resolve" transition and the "Update Field Value" setting

I want whatever is achieved in the field "Performer" was required only when the process issue workflow step:Resolve Issue, Test Issue. in all other "optional".

So add a field required validator in those transitions (add a transition screen with that field as well) and make the field itself optional. That should fit your needs.

fail, we can only create two types of validators: Permission Validator and User Permission Validator.

There can only give rights, and the fact that I need not find.

you need this plugin.

Thank you guys (Udo brand,C.Faysal) for help me ))) as you said, I added the plugin and everything is set up.

Anton, you're welcome. Do you mind to accept my answer as the correct one?

Cheers,

Udo

of course, ok !

This widget could not be displayed.

i don't see the field "Performer" on your issue create screen

is there a validator set in the workflow ?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Using+Validators+to+Make+Custom+Fields+Required+on+Transition+Screens

C.Faysal All right, we do not have this field on the "Create Issue Screen", but even if it set,

error is presented:

plugins installed only two : JIRA TimeSheet Plugin, jira-status-color.

yes i see...thats what keeps me wondering.

do you have any plugins like behaviours or jira suite installed?

I want whatever is achieved in the field "Performer" was required only when the process issue workflow step:Resolve Issue, Test Issue. in all other "optional".

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

140 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you