After a restart, our JIRA test instance is missing add-on(Atlassian Universal & Support Healthcheck)

sn January 11, 2018

JIRA software 7.3 server.

we had issues with our marketplace page constantly refreshing in our test instance. so, we tried to restart and we hit the https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/troubleshooting-jira-startup-failed-error-394464512.html?_ga=2.174848363.839731367.1515522910-746151401.1504206098 and after trying a few things, we resolved the issue but below add-on's are missing.

Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager Self-Update Plugin

Support Healthcheck Plugin

thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2018

Hi

• Are they missing or disabled?
  • Do you see any errors in the logs regarding these two add-ons?

I would want to see what the logs say regarding those add-ons so if you can provide the snippets you find related to them that would be great.  Also,  if the plugins are disabled you'd be able to see this in the database:

1. Stop JIRA
  2. Run the following SQL Command
SELECT * FROM pluginstate where pluginenabled = 'false';

If you see the UPM and the healthcheck plugin you can enable tjem using the SQL query below:

• UPDATE pluginstate SET pluginenabled='true' WHERE pluginkey='<pluginkey from query above>';

Once you've made that chance restart JIRA.  Let me know what you find.

Cheers,

Branden

sn January 17, 2018

thanks branden,

There are not disabled. we cannot see them in our QA.

we cannot see them on marketplace either to re-install. It is possible that they have been renamed.

we want to mimic our QA instance exactly to be same as PROD.

sn January 17, 2018

I'm thinking the above mentioned plug-ins are redundant but not sure. we can see the below plug-ins in our QA.

Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Instance Health Plugin

Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager Plugin

Suggest an answer