After a Issues is moved to a different Project, the attachment brings up a 404 error

adam goodwin January 6, 2014

After moving an issue from one project to another, clicking on it will bring up a 404 error.

I am not the only admin and there may have been recent changes that i am not awere of, but this was working fairly recently. I have asked other admins but we can't figure it out..

Thoughs?

Thanks,

Adam

6 answers

0 votes
adam goodwin January 8, 2014

Thanks.. yea I was looking at that.. I was not the one who Changed the project key.. so not sure how it was done. Thats what is happening, the attachment folder is keeping the the old project key (GASP) and making folders for newly added attachements, but any attachments on an an issue that get moved in to the porject are using the new key (CM)

thanks.. I will contact Customer Support

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2014

Hi Adam,

In this pages it's explained that what you are seeing in the file structure is the normal behaviour : https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Editing+a+Project+Key

The attachment folder will keep the old project key. It's not correct that the links break.

Is GASP the new or the old project key?

And how exactly did you change the project key of that project?

I would advise you to contact Atlassian Support directly here :

https://support.atlassian.com/customer/home

Best regards,

Peter

0 votes
adam goodwin January 8, 2014

So I figured out the root of the problem..

One of the Projects were recently renamed and now when I move an issue to the new project name, it puts the attachemets into an folder named for the old Project..

Any thoughts as to how to fix this?

thanks

Adam

0 votes
adam goodwin January 7, 2014

The attachement settings seem to be ok. The attachemnts open fine when opened in the Project where they are created, this only happens after they are moved

error from Log:

2014-01-08 11:02:08,656 http-bio-8080-exec-3 ERROR agoodwin 662x18115x1 d6i1v0 10.24.50.127:52393,127.0.0.1 /secure/attachment/11283/131202-000523%20AM.pdf [jira.web.servlet.ViewAttachmentServlet] Error finding /11283/131202-000523 AM.pdf : C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRAProd\data\attachments\GASP\GASP-375\11283 (The system cannot find the file specified)

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2014

Hi Adam,

Is there an error in the log files that might explain what's going on?

Best regards,

Peter

0 votes
rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2014

Suggest an answer