After Upgrade to 5.2 Column shifts by one after status update

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2013

After Upgrade to 5.2 Column shifts by one after status update. Status was changed from close to reopen

Is this user configurable search displays issue?

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2013

I think this is an IE bug - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-31582

0 votes
KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 17, 2013

It only happens with IE

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2013

Could you stop using Word to "attach" stuff? Take a screen shot as a simple image and upload that. Word is useless as an image editor.

0 votes
KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2013

Attached another picture in Word Doc.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2013

I'm afraid I can't really make out what the problem is here, as the pictures are too small.

The columns look right to me and it looks like the layout has changed slightly, but it's still consistent with the rest of the grid? Could you give a bit more detail?

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2013

You should be able to zoom in Micrsoft word.

The column move the date to the right in the display after updating.(last column). Before update the date column is offset by 1 and leaves one column blank I thought this was configurable/

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 11, 2013

Er, no, you've uploaded small pictures. Zooming makes the pixels bigger, not clearer. You need to upload better pictures. It would be really useful to get them with the column headers included as well.

I can't see anything moving to the right in the pictures. The layout varies between versions, but the columns line up so I really cannot see a problem.

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2013

The third column second row is blank and last column same row is populated.

The picture below shows the third column same row populated so it shifted right.

I will try and get larger pics

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 11, 2013

Definitely need better pictures - I can't see that problem at all.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 12, 2013

That's an improvement - I can see the problem. But it's still too small to see exactly what is going on.

I can see that the highlighted line is shifted right (it wasn't in the earlier pictures, but we'll work with this one as it's clear). But I still cannot make out the column headings. That could be very important here because it could be down to the content of those columns.

Rather than another small picture though, could you list the column headings for the first 6? Plus the data for the shifted rows for those 6 columns? I can make out Key and T (for type) but I'm guessing at the next three being Component/s, Due, and Assignee? (Then Status is next)

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2013

Attached latest picture

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2013

It happens only on IE9 not Chrome or FireFox

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2013

Attached another picture in Word Doc.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 12, 2013

Useful to know it's browser specific. That implies that IE is failing to handle some standards-compliant CSS somewhere, which is a good lead on what it might be. (The obvious fix is to stop using IE as it's not a lot of use beyond giving people an easy way to download a proper browser, but I know a lot of people are stuck with it, so that's not really an answer).

What are the columns though?

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2013

Attachement uploaded

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 12, 2013

Could you stop using Word to "attach" stuff? Take a screen shot as a simple image and upload that. Word is useless as an image editor, whatever you are doing is crippling the images and is not needed anyway.

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2013

Using JPEG or Word does not get you a clear screen print? I can view all the column & headers,

The first image with red circle was a screenshot JPEG file uploaded. The Word doc can be zoomed and does not get pixalated.

Columns

Key : P :Components:Due : Assignee:Status:Resoluition:Summary:Reporter:created:Updated:Time Spent

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 12, 2013

The pictures you are attaching are a fixed size. There are no word attachments. The pictures are not big enough. It is irrelevant what you open them with. I suspect you are dealing with this via email, which won't show you the results of what you are posting - please try it in a browser, and right-click and download/view the images attached - you'll see that they are too small to be read.

What is the data for the first six columns on the row that has been shifted?

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2013

Data:

FND-22769:Red Up arrow: Blank:blank:ShirinSebty:Open:Unresolved:SummaryDescription:NagarajSengunthar:12/Feb/13:12/Feb/13

Suggest an answer