we noticed we have a lot of additional gadget requests facing our instance since the update. Is this a known behaviour with JIRA 7.2?
I only read about the gadgets calculation moved away from the server to the user browser via JS, but didn't read anything about http requests increasing by this change.
So I am looking for the cause of this.
You've sort of answered your own question - as the gadgets are now doing the work on the client, they need to make more requests back to the server to get the raw data to work with. It's not just the gadgets either, there's other places where the system uses more REST calls back to itself.
I'm not sure I'd have expected it to go up 4 times, might be interesting to see what urls it is hitting.
Hey Nic Brough,
thank you for your answer.
That's what I thought to, why is 4 times higher now than before. Regarding the URLs, atleast 50% of the requests are hitting /rest/dashboard/1.0/ and other gadget related key words.
I don't know the URL structure, but is it possible to analyze it further and find out if there are certain gadgets who are causing this.
Some URL examples:
I'm not 100% sure of the structure either, but I think the first number (ignoring the 1.0) is the id of the dashboard in the databate, the second the gadget and the third the pointer to the settings. I'd analyse the impact of the gadget first - it may be that there's one particular gadget that's doing most of it.
Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs