After Transition show a Comment Window and send an email

Hello folks,

if got two questions:

First: I want to edit a transition. As exampel: I have a workflow and there is a transition from "task open" to "blocked". Now if a user take a card to block the task there should appear a window where he have to add a comment why the task is blocked.

Where can i justify that?

Second: With a transition there should be send an email to a group or a role. For exampel: A task transit to the "done" Status (done by a developer) and the projekt manager should get a email that the task is done.

Where can i justify that?

I figured out that this should be done in the transition view or can you do that with post funktions?

It seems to be an easy problem but i ve got no idea where i can justify that.

So any solutions? THX!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer
Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Feb 06, 2013

Hi,

first question: add a transition view to your transition where you show the user a comment field. Look here for more information.

second question: create a custom event, fire this event with a post function. In the notification scheme of the project, you can define, who will get an information if your custom event is fired.

Cheers

Thomas

All right i already know how to edit a transition a creating a new one.

But how i can justify the settings that a comment field will be shown after transit the task?

Er, the first line of Thomas-S's answer is for the comment on transition. You put a screen in the transition.

All right got it you have to create a screen under administration. If you had create one you can select it under "edit transition".

Problem solved!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 16, 2018 in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

1,293 views 17 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you