After Transition show a Comment Window and send an email

Outerheaven February 6, 2013

Hello folks,

if got two questions:

First: I want to edit a transition. As exampel: I have a workflow and there is a transition from "task open" to "blocked". Now if a user take a card to block the task there should appear a window where he have to add a comment why the task is blocked.

Where can i justify that?

Second: With a transition there should be send an email to a group or a role. For exampel: A task transit to the "done" Status (done by a developer) and the projekt manager should get a email that the task is done.

Where can i justify that?

I figured out that this should be done in the transition view or can you do that with post funktions?

It seems to be an easy problem but i ve got no idea where i can justify that.

So any solutions? THX!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2013

Hi,

first question: add a transition view to your transition where you show the user a comment field. Look here for more information.

second question: create a custom event, fire this event with a post function. In the notification scheme of the project, you can define, who will get an information if your custom event is fired.

Cheers

Thomas

All right i already know how to edit a transition a creating a new one.

But how i can justify the settings that a comment field will be shown after transit the task?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2013

Er, the first line of Thomas-S's answer is for the comment on transition. You put a screen in the transition.

All right got it you have to create a screen under administration. If you had create one you can select it under "edit transition".

Problem solved!

Suggest an answer