After Jira Software 7.5.0 installation, setup not saved?

Achim2 October 11, 2017

Hi,

I installed Jira Software 7.5.0 on a Windows Server 2012.
Used a MySQL database, admin user is created.

My Issues: 
When everything is setup and the dashboard is displayd, Jira wants to load /secure/WelcomeToJIRA.jspa but this doesn't happen.

Then I tried to shutdown the service for Jira and restarted it.

Now Jira wants me to go through the hole setup process again?
Looks to me like Jira has some kind of problem accessing the database correctly, but I also checked this twice and during the setup process it when testing the database connection everything is ok.

Any suggestions?

2 answers

0 votes
Achim2 October 16, 2017

The permissions were OK. dbconfig.xml was owned by the user who runs the service.

I solved the issue by making a full reinstall and following this link:https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-disable-user-onboarding-in-jira-6-4-and-above-702714311.html
on how to disable the welcome page.
It is working now. So far ;-)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2017

It does sound like the process cannot read the config files that should have been generated by the installation process.

I suspect it might be permissions - could you find "jira home" (the place you've told it to put the data, NOT the installation) and look at the dbconfig.xml file in there.  Is it owned by the user to run Jira under and they have full permissions to it?

Suggest an answer