After JIRA update - JIRA is not working

Yoni Danos November 9, 2013

Hi,

I updated JIRA from 4.4 to 5.2.11 using the wizard on a linux server.

After the installation I noticed a BundleExecption in the logs and a lot of JIRA system plugins didn't load so I followed this article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=351764792 stoped JIRA, deleted JIRA-HOME/plugins/.osgi-plugins and JIRA-HOME/plugins/.bundled-plugins folders and started JIRA again and still nothing.

JIRA is not loading and I getting "This website is not avaliable" page.

Also JIRA build was successful

*********************************************************************************

JIRA 5.2.11 build: 854 started. You can now access JIRA through your web browser.

*********************************************************************************

What could be the problem?

Thanks,

Yoni

3 answers

0 votes
ChrisA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2013

2 things I'd look into:

First, check and make sure that the user starting JIRA has the proper permissions to read/write to the below directory:

SEVERE: Unable to create directory for deployment: /opt/atlassian/jira/conf/Catalina/localhost

Also, make sure all your plugins are updated and compatible with JIRA 5.2.11. I'd assume most of your plugins will need updating as the jump from 4.4 to 5.2.11 is quite significant.

0 votes
Yoni Danos November 9, 2013

log attached (jira-log.txt)

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2013

We would need to see the error messages in the log file to even to attempt to help you. I would read through the upgrade notes for each version in case something is in there that you might have missed.

Suggest an answer