After Hours Support Escalation - Service Desk

Ben Collins May 2, 2017

We're creating an after hours support team outside of our normal 9-5 guys.  We need to setup a rule in the support desk that determines if a ticket was created outside of the normal hours of operation, and assigns it to a specific user and sends an email notification.

I'm comfortable with logistics of the rule with the exception of identifying the specific time a ticket was created, and whether or not it was created on a weekend.  

I feel like there's a simple solution that i'm missing.

TL;DR - I need a rule that can identify what time a ticket was created. I also need a rule that can identify if a rule was created on a weekend.

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2017

Ben,

I don't know of an automation rule that you could setup to do this in the service desk.  You could create an after hours support request type. The users would have to submit it via the portal and it could then be auto assigned to the user you specified as the assignee when configuring the request type fields.  

Brant

Ronnie Sharma October 21, 2020

Hi Brant,

I want to setup after hour on call. Please advice.

Thanks

Suggest an answer