Affects Version/s built-in field non-editable

Emily Howell July 9, 2014

I have not changed any properties of the Affects and Fixed Version/s built-in fields, however, when I try to edit them (either at Issue creation or during Issue update) these fields are pre-populated with "None" and are not editable. Has anyone experienced this before or can tell me if I need to set something somewhere?

Many thanks in advance, Emily Howell

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2014

Have you added any versions to the project yet?

No - I did wonder this as there is the select list renderer option, however, I cannot see where you would add versions?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2014

Go to the project summary and look for "maintain versions" - you need to add one or more versions to get them on the list!

Is this functionality only used when in connection to Stash, or some other source code control tool, i.e. it pulls the version from there?

I have now found where I can add versions from the Project Summary page. Thank you Nic for prompting me on where to find this.

I have now found where I can add versions from the Project Summary page. Thank you Nic for prompting me on where to find this.

Ajibade Momolosho May 8, 2018

Thanks a lot for helping me out as well.

1 vote
Richard Cross November 15, 2018

Aside from the accepted answer, "Affected Version/s" and/or "Fixed Version/s" need to be present in the relevant Screen to be editable. 

It's a bit confusing because if either field happens to have a value, both with be displayed in the issue view.

To further confuse things, when either field is not editable by a Project Admin (or lower) a JIRA System Administrator looking at the same issue will be able to edit the field.

Suggest an answer