Affected Version Field - how configure who can update it?

Hi all.

JIRA issues have a built-in fields - called Components and Affected Version

In our flow, the Components field should be updated by developers, whenever resolving the issue involves updating this component.

Also in our flow, the Affected Version should be updated by team-leaders when they assign this issue to a developer.

But - for some reason, only administrators can update this fields. Developers and Team-Leaders cannot.

Can anybody point me to the place that configures who can edit which field,

or at least - explain me what controls the update of the Components field?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 vote
Timothy Chin Community Champion Aug 09, 2013

There's no field permission. You can google around for some alternatives using Javascripts. But then again, you're on OnDemand. Either way you're out of luck..

0 vote
Renjith Pillai Community Champion Aug 09, 2013

What do you mean by only administrators can update this fields? What happens when a non-administrator click the transition that shows this field? Is it not displayed? Or are you talking about Editing of the field directly in JIRA?

JIRA allows to add any fields to the transitions screens of the workflow and the same can be updated by all the users who can use that transition (except Due Date AFAIK).

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,198 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot