Advice on using Jira for an 8 discipline approach?

Ron O August 29, 2015

We can't find a plug in so this would be from scratch.  Any help would be appreciated.

7 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2015

Ok, Jira has a pretty flexible workflow engine behind it. A process with 8 steps maps neatly onto a workflow with, well, 8 steps. Map out your 8 steps, define the routes between them and you can turn that into a Jira workflow.

0 votes
Ron O August 30, 2015

How can I implement a program that has 8 different steps in the process would be the best way I can explain it

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2015

But we can't really help you unless you can explain what you want from it. What have you seen, what does it do?

0 votes
Ron O August 30, 2015

I have seen a few screen shots of companies using Jira to tackle a project using the 8 d method. Jira doesn't have an add on or plug in for that and I was trying to see how they did it. I appreciate your questions Nic but that is what my goal was to find out.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 30, 2015

That's a little too vague to be useful. What do you want Jira to actually do?

0 votes
Ron O August 29, 2015

Nic we are trying to start an 8 discipline method of quality for our projects but so far I have had trouble finding if jira is capable. Hope that helps thanks

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2015

This is a little too vague to be useful. What are you trying to achieve here?

Suggest an answer