Advice on using Jira for an 8 discipline approach?

We can't find a plug in so this would be from scratch.  Any help would be appreciated.

7 answers

0 vote

This is a little too vague to be useful. What are you trying to achieve here?

Nic we are trying to start an 8 discipline method of quality for our projects but so far I have had trouble finding if jira is capable. Hope that helps thanks

0 vote

That's a little too vague to be useful. What do you want Jira to actually do?

I have seen a few screen shots of companies using Jira to tackle a project using the 8 d method. Jira doesn't have an add on or plug in for that and I was trying to see how they did it. I appreciate your questions Nic but that is what my goal was to find out.

0 vote

But we can't really help you unless you can explain what you want from it. What have you seen, what does it do?

How can I implement a program that has 8 different steps in the process would be the best way I can explain it

0 vote

Ok, Jira has a pretty flexible workflow engine behind it. A process with 8 steps maps neatly onto a workflow with, well, 8 steps. Map out your 8 steps, define the routes between them and you can turn that into a Jira workflow.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,308 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot