Advanced search not returning expected results

Robert Plant January 10, 2013

Advanced search not returning expected results when using the like operator

4 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2013

... and what are you asking, expecting, and getting. I don't think the version of Jira is important until we know the details.

This question is a bit like saying "my car won't start when I turn the key". We have not been told what the make/model of car it is, what noise it makes, what the key looks like, whether there is petrol in the tank, if it's been run over by a horde of rampaging penguins...

0 votes
JamesR January 10, 2013

What version of JIRA?

0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2013

This is from support case where the JQL search returns different results with hypens and numbers. There is an improvement regarding this in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-13441 As you might know, JIRA uses the StandardTokenizer in Lucene which splits hypens between words but not numbers.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2013

Mmm, but that doesn't really tell us what the problem that Robert is having. I'd guess it could be, but there's no way to know until he gives us more info.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 10, 2013

I think you need to tell us what you're typing in, what you're expecting it to return and what you actually get.

Suggest an answer